When you think of Atticus Wegman, two words should come to mind: friend and fighter. His media attention, impressive resume and credentials, and case results are just glimpses into what he does for clients every single day. And as a friend, you couldn’t ask for better. If you chose him to represent you as your personal injury attorney, you can count on him to fight for your rights.
Atticus Wegman started his practice to help injured victims navigate our oftentimes complex legal system. He wanted to create a firm environment that allows him to give his clients the attention and care that they deserve after suffering an injury.
Atticus prides himself on providing his clients with full-service representation. This means that he will be with you from the moment you call to the last day of trial. Further, Atticus knows that clients seek him out in what might be some of the worst times of their life. He knows that injury victims may not only be suffering physically, but also emotionally and financially. He ensures that he will always be available to his clients when they need him, and you can always reach him by phone or even text message.
Attorney Atticus Wegman was born and raised in New Hampton, Iowa. His small-town roots are apparent in his approach to lawyering, as he provides every one of his clients with his full support in their times of need.
Atticus was born into a family that had immense respect for the legal profession. His grandfather was the first State Public Defender in Iowa, and he would visit his grandfather’s office and tour the capitol buildings as a child. So the desire to help others through the legal system was instilled in him at an early age.
Atticus Wegman was named after Atticus Finch, otherwise known as America’s greatest literary lawyer from To Kill a Mockingbird. When he entered the legal profession, trial attorney Atticus Wegman felt he had a lot to live up to given the history of his name.
The pressure to live up to Atticus Finch’s standards has influenced Atticus Wegemans career—he is focused, deliberate, and ambitious in everything that he does. He has surely lived up to his name, and he has excelled in the field of personal injury. Recognized as one of the state’s best injury lawyers, he has obtained justice for numerous clients while providing the compensation that they deserve.
Atticus received his Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Fresno State University, where he also graduated magna cum laude. He then went on to pursue a Master’s Degree from the University of Iowa.
Atticus attended Chapman University School of Law to obtain his Juris Doctor degree. In addition to receiving this scholarship, he served as the senior editor of a scholarly law journal. At Chapman, Atticus also began to hone his trial skills and was a member of the mock trial and moot court teams.
Attorney Atticus Wegman began his professional career as an intern for the United States Bankruptcy Court. He then went on to intern for the Orange County Superior Court, where he learned the ins and outs of the court system in California.
Further developing his litigation experience, he went on to practice personal injury law for the next 13 years. During his time as a trial attorney, Atticus obtained record verdicts for his injured clients and surpassed his peers’ expectations.
While he has experience in a multitude of different types of legal actions, some of his most notable cases dealt with:
- Car accidents,
- Bike accidents,
- Dog bites,
- Bus accidents,
- Scooter accidents,
- Slip-and-fall injuries,
- Construction zone accidents,
- Boating accidents,
- Truck accidents,
- Product liability,
- Negligent security,
- Elevator accidents,
- Swimming pool accidents,
- ATV and off-roading injuries,
- Workers’ compensation, and
- Employment law matters.
These are just some of the matters that Atticus has experience with. As noted by Super Lawyers, Atticus is a top-ranking lawyer who practices in a wide variety of different areas.
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association: elected member of the Board of the Directors
- Orange County Bar Association: member of the Administration of Justice Committee
- Warren J. Ferguson Inn of Court: previous President
- Consumer Attorneys of California: member
- Chapman University School of Law: Alumni Advisory Board member
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2012-2022
- Super Lawyers, Selected Super Lawyer: 2023
- AVVO Rated Certified Lawyer: *get updated years*
- Super Lawyers Top 100 Up-And-Coming Lawyers in California: 2016-2021
- Super Lawyers Top 25 Up-And-Coming Lawyers in Orange County: 2016-2019
- Inland Empire Magazine’s Top Lawyers of the Inland Empire: 2016
- National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40 Attorneys: 2020
- Los Angeles Daily Journal’s Top 5 Associates to Watch: 2014
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association “Young Gun” Award: 2019
- Coast Magazine’s AVVO Top Attorneys: 2015
Publications and Media Attention
Atticus Wegman’s expertise is well noted by his peers. He has written on a variety of topics and has had many of his articles published. Some of the topics he has written on include:
- Automobile insurance,
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Recovering compensation for pre-existing injuries,
- Loss of consortium compensation for non-injured spouses,
- Workers’ compensation, and
- How to stand up to big insurance companies.
And these are just to name a few! In addition to his published articles, Atticus has been featured on TV, in news segments, and in podcasts.