Whit D. Bertch is the principal and founder of The Bertch Firm, a personal injury firm specializing in the representation of people who have been injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of others. Since he began practicing law in 2014, he has represented hundreds of injured victims, recovering millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on their behalf. In 2018, he was named to the “Top 40 under 40” List by the National Trial Lawyers. In 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 he has been recognized as a “Southern California Rising Star” by Super Lawyers. He has been featured in the Los Angeles Daily Journal twice, once for his efforts in representing injured victims and another for his efforts in raising charitable funds for local Orange County non-profit 501(c)3 organizations.
Additionally, Mr. Bertch is also a dedicated leader in the Orange County legal community. From 2016-2019, he served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association (OCTLA). In 2018, he was recognized by OCTLA as the “Board Member of the Year” in recognition for his outstanding service, dedication and leadership to the organization. In 2019, he was appointed to serve as an Executive Officer, where he currently holds the office of President-Elect. He will serve as President of the organization in 2024.
Whit graduated from Pepperdine University in 2011, where he earned Bachelor of Arts degrees in Economics and Sports Medicine. He then earned his Juris Doctor degree from Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law in 2014.
When Whit is not representing his clients, he can be found practicing yoga or out training for his next half-marathon. He also enjoys hiking, recently summiting Yosemite’s famed Half Dome.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Public Entity Tort Liability
- School District Tort Liability
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 2019-present, Executive Officer
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 2016-2019, Board of Directors
- Putting Teeth Into Your Case: Winning Strategies for any Dog Attack Case, The Gavel, Spring 2017
- Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2014
- Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, Sports Medicine, 2011