Whit Bertch is a trial attorney at Bentley & More, where he focuses on personal injury cases in Orange County, Santa Ana, and surrounding areas, representing people who have been injured due to the negligence and wrongdoing of others. His practice is focused on catastrophic injury, wrongful death, products liability and public entity liability. Since he began practicing in 2014, Mr. Bertch has represented hundreds of injured victims, recovering millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on their behalf. He has also defeated numerous motions for summary judgment and has prevailed at the California Court of Appeal.
In 2018, Mr. Bertch was named to the “Top 40 under 40” list by the National Trial Lawyers. In 2019, he was recognized as a “Southern California Rising Star” by Super Lawyers. In 2019, he was featured in the Los Angeles Daily Journal.
Mr. Bertch also serves as a leader in the Orange County legal community. Since 2016, he has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association. In 2019, he was honored as “Board Member of the Year” in recognition of his outstanding service, dedication and leadership to the organization. In 2019, he was appointed to serve as an Executive Officer of the organization, where he currently holds the office of Treasurer. He will serve as President of the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association in 2025.
Mr. Bertch graduated from Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law in 2014 with an emphasis in Advocacy and Dispute Resolution. Prior to law school, Mr. Bertch graduated from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, in 2011, where he earned Bachelor of Arts degrees in Economics and Sports Medicine.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Public Entity Tort Liability
- School District Tort Liability
- American Association for Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Orange County Bar Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 2019-present, Executive Officer
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, 2016-2019, Board of Directors
- Putting Teeth Into Your Case: Winning Strategies for any Dog Attack Case, The Gavel, Spring 2017
- Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2014
- Pepperdine University
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts, Sports Medicine, 2011